Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Love My Calling!

On Sunday I had the opportunity to teach the Young women. I was nervous beyond description, because this was my first time teaching anyone over the age of 7 and my topic was on the Atonement. You know the whole reason we are here on this earth; a deep and intimidating subject! I volunteered when as a presidency we realized that it was a fast Sunday and they didn't want to get off schedule. Since Easter is coming up this was the topic they chose. I volunteered to come out of my comfort zone and force me to study and read the scriptures more. Getting ready for the lesson was great! I had such a good time preparing, reading and taking in all the talks and scriptures on the Atonement. My lesson went really well. Although there wasn't much commenting on the girls part, afterwards I had quite a few come up and tell me they loved the lesson.
I love my calling! This I know is where I need to be right now. I feel the spirit so strong when I'm around these young women, (who don't seem much younger than me... then I realize that I'm 8 to 10 years older than the Laurels, that makes me feel old!) who face such strong adversity in their lives, yet have such strong testimonies of the gospel and live such virtuous lives. Sometimes I feel they are more an example to me than I am to them. I hope that I can teach them the things they need to know, and that I can touch their lives.
I also love my calling as a mother. My children mean the world to me! They amaze me with their unconditional love for me regardless what happens, if I'm upset at them, they still want my love. It's amazing to me how you can scold,( or when I'm not watching myself yell) at your children and the first thing they want from you is affection. What perfect little spirits!The are so Christ like when it comes to acceptance. i watch my children walk up to other kids on the playground and immediately make friends. No pre judgements, they can just about befriend anyone. No wonder He loved little children so much. Here again i feel like my children teach me more than I am teaching them. I have these four precious children that heavenly father trusted me with and sometimes it scares me to death! I hope that I can do all in my power to teach them the gospel and help them return to our Father in Heaven.
I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful supportive husband, who works so hard to provide for our family. He keeps me grounded, and I know I would not be the person I am today without him! I'm so grateful that we get to spend the eternities together.
Basically, all in all I'm so blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have brought tears to my eyes. I made a similar psot just saying that I feel very blessed too. But I love what you said about the kids. It is so true! They are non-judgemental and love everyone. We should all be more like children. And you're right, it's no wonder Christ loved kids so much!!

I am glad that your lesson went so great!