Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Joy of.....

JOY SCHOOL!!

That's right, I'm now going to be one of those Joy School mothers! I had the twins in preschool last year and of course they loved it. It was the same preschool that Caden went to and he loved it and I loved it! We all loved it! So why the change?! Well the main reason is money! 2 kids in preschool is not cheap, and going the extra day a week made it even more. (Even though with holidays which seem to always land on Mondays or Fridays which in turn didn't make them go this year all that more than last year, costing almost 100 dollars more a month, go figure!) I've mulled over it all summer, thinking of ways like teaching them myself...yeah right! So when my friend told me there was some moms in the ward trying to do a Joy School it was the answer to my prayers! So we met together and I think it's going to be great! Of course I went through the thoughts of : Oh but Caden went to 2 years, the twins should too. And: They'll miss out on all the fun stuff preschool offers... But when I told the twins they could have cared less and were actually excited, especially Brandon cause his best friend will be in the Joy School too! So not only doing this am I saving 26oo for the school year, but I will get some quality time teaching Kylee and Brandon. I purchased the extremely cheap Joy school program and I'm so impressed with their curriculum! Which got me even more excited about my decision.
I did have to make the tough phone call to pull my kids out, which was rough. I have a relationship with the teachers outside of school as well so it was hard, and she did a good job trying to convince me to stay, but I just know this is what is going to be best for them and me this year. The preschool time was also ending about 20 minutes after I normally lay Brooke down for a nap and I didn't think it was fair to have her jerked around all school year long. She's had enough of that this summer.
So this is my new adventure and I'm sure I'll have many posts to come of our experience of Joy School!

1 comment:

Holly June said...

Yay! I'm excited for you guys! Can I come help you teach sometime? :)