Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stake 24th Celebration

This year our stake is celebrating it's 50th anniversary.
They have been doing all sorts of little celebrations throughout the year.
So for the 24th, they put together a 5K fun run/walk.
Ryan and I planned on running, and the kids were going to walk along with some others from our ward.
See the excitement?! Kylee knows how to get ready for a race, lip gloss!

Well the boys were determined to run it, and run it they did! The walk portion of the race was 2.4 miles, and my little boys ran the whole way! I was so proud of them, and it was so stinkin' cute to see them come across that finish line all red faced and sweaty.
Holly and Garrett were there as well, it was so fun to see them!
So I had Ryan in my sights almost the whole race until the last 1/2 mile or so. Then he was in and out. He'd better watch out! Soon I'll be able to beat him, if he keeps biking more than running!:)
They awarded the top 5 for men and women in two categories,
18 and under and above 18.
I had never ran a 5K.
I've done plenty of 10K's and 1/2 marathons,but never the short race.
I figured I could run it shaving 30 sec. a mile off my 10K pace, and that is about what I did.
With about a 1/2 mile left, I finally passed this girl I had been trying to for some time, and because of that, I won the little race! There were a couple people missing that if they would have ran, they would have smoked me, so I have them to thank for my nice little medal!
My time: 22:32!

I'm not quite sure how I feel about 5K's.
I think the only nice thing is that it was over quick.
It was a hard run, and at the end, when I crossed the finish line if I didn't keep moving I was sure I was going to upchuck. That's no good! So we'll see. But I had a blast!
And the pancake breakfast afterward was delish!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Taffy and Tony said...

Wow, Katie! Way to run!