Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Life.

Last night my sweet little niece Lila Claire was born!
I'll spare you the details, or let Holly make that her blog post, but she did amazing,
and Lila couldn't be sweeter!
So this naturally has me in a mothering, blubbering, hormonal mood.
As I have complained on here about my running woe's, getting to experience this birth, and watching a little video on a friend's blog, I realize how silly I am being. Not to say that I still wish I could run my miles, and it still won't get me down at times,
but I have so much to be grateful for.
And the first thing is my husband.
I will never forget the day the doctors told us he had cancer. No one likes to here that word. It's scary. It makes you think of death. I was a newlywed.
This wasn't how our first year was supposed to be like! Even though he was scared, he had faith.
And looked at the positive in what lay ahead for him.

There wasn't much that kept him down. He still went to school. Spent many hours studying and working hard for that Masters! He worked hard at his church calling. I know that the number one thing that kept his spirits up was his trust and love for our Savior, and our Heavenly Father. He is an inspiration! I think he helped me through that difficult time more than I helped him.

When I saw this on my friends blog... oh the memories. And there I was blubbering like a baby.

Life is precious. Sometimes I think we take it for granted. Well I know I do. Here I have been complaining about not being able to run, when there are those who would just love to walk.
After I watched this I called Ryan to see if he knew her(she grew up close to him). He was friends with her older brother. We were both silent. Then he said to me: I just had my scan Katie, I'm fine.
He can read me so well. It was the first thought that came to me.
What if his cancer came back? What would I do?!
But just like Tessa, I am grateful for that first experience, as scary as it was. It taught me to cherish life, whatever is thrown my way. That no matter the outcome, trials are here to make us grow and teach us.
Life is a blessing. Life is a miracle.
I feel blessed to have so many people touch my life everyday and help me grow.
Isn't' life wonderful?!

1 comment:

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

you have me balling like a baby.