Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Trip to Houston.

This past weekend I was able to get away by MYSELF to my cousin Dawn's wedding.
At first the plan was that I would drive down with my kids and stay a week or so.
Well with high gas prices, and a worried husband, he offered to take a day off so that I could go down there by myself! I'll just say that the second plan was definitely better!
I would have been a stress case. Making sure my kids behaved, etc.. etc...

So I left Thursday and spent the weekend enjoying my freedom, and some good bonding time with family. I stayed with my cousin Wally and his wife Ashley, and their three adorable children. We had so much fun talking and catching up. I won't even say how long it had been since I had seen them. Embarrassing!
Friday all the girls got their nails done and went to lunch.
Then we got ready for the dinner that night.
The dinner was pretty much wedding party and family, and boy was it good! Gotta love Mexican food...YUM!
Me and my cousin Dawn and me and my Aunt Debbie.
Supposedly I could be Debbie's daughter...what do you think?!
Saturday was the big day.
I hung out with my cousin and his boys, running around town eating, of course, before the wedding.
Then it was off to the big event.
Ashley and I:

She was beautiful, and just beaming! I really don't think I have ever seen Dawn this happy.
I couldn't be happier for her, and so glad she married a great guy!
Couple's first dance:

Tim has two children, and the part of the ceremony where they included them, had me bawling like a baby!
Her cake was amazing and was probably the best cake I've ever tasted!
After dancing the night away we headed back to the house.
The next day me and my dad went to my Grandpa's grave. I had never been. It was good to see.
I really do miss him.

Then we went back to my Aunt and Uncle's house for a few hours before I had to leave to come back to my little family.
I had so much fun, so glad I was able to go and be a part of her big day.
And we have vowed to never let it take this long to see each other again.

I was sure glad to come home to my kiddos. As nice as it was to have a break, I missed them. I kept finding myself comparing them to my little cousins, and talking about them non-stop!
I think little breaks like that are good for mothers. Sure makes you appreciate your children.
So here is to the next kid free trip.:)

No comments: