Tuesday, May 22, 2012

First Grade Fun.

 So I braved a field trip with my little first graders. 
Well I was with Kylee all day, but Brandon, 
my little mommas boy did manage to find me a few times.:)
Their field trip was to the ZOO and the Sand Dunes.
We had just beautiful weather Monday, but today it was 60, which doesn't sound bad, but add 50 MPH winds and seriously I was putting on a smiley face for these girls I was in charge of.

Looking at the turtles:

For this little zoo in Idaho Falls, I was pretty impressed with the animals they had!

My cute little group of girls:

 Lady lion:


A weird sloth bear. Very interesting creature.

They just got this Tiger, and apparently he was very shy. But our little group got to witness a glimpse of him as he peaked out of his cave!

After the zoo, we headed to a park for lunch, where the teachers ruled out the sand dunes due to the wind. THANK YOU. 50 MPH winds and sand just didn't seem like a good combination to me. So they let the kids play at the park after lunch, and they found a volleyball sand pit to make up for missing out on the sand dunes! Don't you just love little kids creativity?!
I love that they can find fun in anything. We adults should take a little lesson in their optimism in life sometimes. 
Now when I mentioned I braved this field trip, it wasn't cause I didn't think it wouldn't be fun. It's the leaving part for me that is miserable. Kylee loves school, really. But for whatever reason, whether it's coming to help in the classroom, or a filed trip, she throws a huge fit when it's time for me to leave.
She didn't disappoint this time either. It really is endearing, and I'm glad she loves me. But it makes helping out and doing these things a nightmare. I hope she grows out of this soon. Cause I don't want to continue to look like the slacker mom who doesn't ever help out. 
Right now that's what I am.

No comments: