Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fathers Day.

 I feel so lucky to know so many great men, who are amazing fathers in my life.
I would love to take a moment to highlight a few.

First and fore most is my honey, Ryan.
I feel like the luckiest girl on the planet to have such an amazing father to our children.
He is so hands on, and sometimes, I feel like he is playing both rolls as a parent. He is always making sure I've given the medicine when they are sick, setting up their appointments, and he is the one who checks on them in the middle of the night.  As I was gone this weekend, he took them swimming, to the park, and had slumber parties. I am so glad my children have such a good role model to look up to as they grow into their persons, and one day start a family. 


One reason I knew Ryan would make a good father, is cause he reminded me so much of my father.
I feel so blessed to have such an amazing dad. He too was very hands on in our lives. I spent many days with him on the golf course. He made time for us even during his work hours. My dad changed careers so that he could give us the life that he wanted for his children. It makes me tear up just thinking about the sacrifice he made for his children.

And I believe Ryan wouldn't be the father he is today without the example of his own father.
I think Clair is the most patient man I have ever met. Soft spoken and so loving. I am grateful he was such a good father to Ryan, and he is an amazing father in law, and grandpa.
What would we really do without all these wonderful men in our lives?! I know us women think we could handle things just fine, but I for one am glad that we don't have to.
Happy Fathers Day.

No comments: