Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July.

 Happy Fourth of July!
We had a great holiday full of food, family, friends, and of course fireworks!

I headed down and set up "our spot" to watch the Idaho Falls fireworks. They are touted to be some of the best fireworks this side of the Mississippi!

The sunset along the river was just beautiful!

 Earlier in the day, we walked around and got some treats to make our wait along the river, a little more fun!

 Boy did the kiddos love the cotton candy. (Kylee was off with some friends eating ice cream instead)

 We were across the street from the temple. It was so beautiful at night.

The boys getting a little restless had some tickle wars going on!
Uncle James came up to spend the Holiday with us. The boys loved it!
So I didn't pick out the best "spot" to watch, being a tree was in the way. Bummer. But we still had a pretty good view, and they were spectacular! I loved the show. It lasted about 25 minutes.
Really some of the best fireworks I've seen. They really did rival Chicago's fireworks.
Imagine little Idaho Falls with a HUGE fireworks show?!

I just want to also say how grateful I am to live in such an amazing country. I feel truly blessed to live in a place where we enjoy so many freedoms.
I am grateful for those who choose to serve our country
 so that we can continue to enjoy the freedoms we have today.
Happy Birthday to the greatest country!

No comments: