Sunday, February 16, 2014

Spring is around the corner...

 Or at least that is what I keep telling myself!
As suspected my Saturday run was ROUGH. I ran the first 7 miles outside, battling through about 6 inches of snow. Felt like running through deep sand, and it was NOT fun. So I headed home to finish it on the treadmill, and from all the driving the legs through the snow, my hip flexors where so sore. It made for a very long 13 miles! But I finished it, and made it a huge Triumph. HUGE.


This time of year is so fun. It's been even more fun when Purdue is on top, but they are showing some promise this year, and they look like they could have some good years ahead. The Big Ten is crazy this year... I love that our family has something that we all love to do together. It's fun to see the kiddos get all excited before a game.

Friday was Valentines day and it was fabulous. Ryan and I went out to dinner, ate delicious food, yummy cake, and then got a red box for us, put one on for the kiddos and just enjoyed a night at home together! So lucky to have this guy in my life, and MY valentine.

Yesterday made up for the past few weeks of HORRIBLE running weather. Even though it was drizzling, it was 40 degrees, and no ice, or snow! Seriously heaven! I can feel spring in the air... I felt the best I've ever felt, and even though I was tired at the end of my run, I was still feeling strong. Boston doesn't feel that far off of a goal now!
I have started a fitness challenge, and as part of it, we do a Plank Saturday challenge. Every Saturday we try and see how long you can hold it for. So even though I had run 20, I pulled off a 1:22 plank. Not too shabby. It's fun to see how far you can come when you hold a plank every Saturday!

No comments: