Friday, August 15, 2008

Touch a Truck and Swim Lessons!



We have had a busy couple of weeks! Yesterday Chaska every year does a sort of block party in the community center parking lot. They bring in all the city trucks and the kids get to climb in them and play around on all the fun trucks! Of course the police car and the fire truck are the most popular! One of the construction truck was pretty big too! they also provide free food!(count me in!) we had hot dogs, popcorn, soda, and ice cream! What more could a kid want! I wish I could have gotten pictures of them eating, but Ryan hadn't come yet, so I was doing damage control. Kylee was such a mess with ketchup and mustard all over, even surpassing her nose! I don't understand how my little girl can be ten times messier than my boys put together! Needless to say they had a great time!

The past two weeks Caden has been in swim lessons and loving it! He is such a little fish, and is quite the good swimmer! The main teacher wasn't the best in my opinion, I thought how are any of these kids going to pass? but a few of them did, Caden being one of them! To pass they main thing they have to do is be able to float on their front and back for 10 seconds. The teacher didn't really work with the kids to help improve them. So it seemed like those who were comfortable in the water were the only ones getting it. Oh well, at least he passed and maybe we'll have to work with him on top of the lessons. He had a great time regardless and can't wait to go to level 2!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hey Katie,

My phone is wack, sorry I never called you back about the ice thing. I was out of minutes, and then I got your message with no missed call and no phone number, and I don't have yours since this is my new phone. So, send me your new number. Hope your knee is feeling better. When mine was really bad I'd ice it for 30 minutes like 3 times a day, then slowly decrease to once a day as it started feeling better to run on, and now only ice it after a really long run or if it ever starts to feel achy or anything. Haven't had problems with it in over 2 years as long as I keep on top of it and don't run too long too soon. Talk to you soon!

Lori