Tuesday, May 19, 2009

10K Race!

Saturday I ran a 10K race. I ran this one last year when I was prego, but didn't know it yet. Last year it was NICE and warm beautiful weather! This year it was COLD and WINDY! Although I think that might have helped my time out some! I didn't want to set a goal, A) because of the weather, and B) because Brooke is only 4 months old and I'm just getting my speed back and running back for that matter. I convinced my friend to run the race with me, although I use that term loosely, she smoked me! But it was fun having someone to start out with and go with! She won the women's! Because she won overall that meant I won our age group! Wahoo! Although there were only 3 of us in the age group, but it's still a win right? There were 33 women in the race and she got first and I got 5th! My time was 51:40, 8:18 min mile pace! Last year it was 51 flat, but I am dang proud of my time! I didn't think I was going to get anywhere near that, I think the cold weather made me go faster so it could just be over with! When I came home Caden was very proud of me and loved the medal I got. He has now claimed it as his own I think.:) Thanks Annie for going with me!
Me and Annie after the race! BTW she ran it in 47 min! She is awesome!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go! I am SO impressed!

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

oh I am sooo proud of you!! Good job@!!!

Taffy and Tony said...

Awesome time, Katie! You're amazing!