Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!

My first tribute to fathers, is to my father in law. I don't think I could have asked for a better "2nd" father. He's probably the most patient, layed back, down to earth person I know. He has taugh his boys well, and that to me reflects on how Ryan has turned out as a dad.( Which I think is great by the way) He had such a good example in his dad. Happy Fathers Day Clair! We love you!
My second tribute is to the love of MY life and Father to my children! Ryan is such a good dad and the kids love him to death. He plays with them, takes time to listen to things kids love to talk your ear off. Thought comes into mind of that video clip where the boy is yelling " Mom, Mom, Mom!!" and she replies, "Shawn, Shawn, Shawn!! See how annoying that is!" I laugh every time I see it because that would be my response, but not Ryan. He's always quick to act very interested in them and their lives. I love it! I'm so glad to have him as a priesthood leader in our home. He's such a good example to me and the kids on living the gospel. I can only hope that my kids turn out as good as he did! I love you Honey!
And last, but not least, My Dad! I can't even begin to express the love and appreciation I have for my dad. I am a daddy's girl, but I think each of my sisters could say the same thing. My dad has made such an effort to be a huge part of our lives. I tell my dad things about my life that sometimes down right embarrasses Ryan! But I love it! I love that I am that comfortable with my dad that there are no walls I feel I can't cross. I love that my dad has a great sense of humor! He makes up the goofiest nicknames for me, my siblings and my kids. Mine is bunt cake, or Courtney. Some of my siblings are Ptich, Boo Boos, The Gisele, Jenny, Sue Bird, Cherise. My kids are cadenski, snookers, Bran Fran. Not as crazy as ours but still goofy!Obviously these are not even close to any of our names and there is stories behind each of them, but that would be for another post!
On a more spiritual note, I can't think of another person as faithful and Christlike as my dad. He's such a good member missionary, and has such a great way of applying the gospel to conversations. Last summer he came down for the U.S Women's Open to watch one of his former students, Lorena Ochoa. We had a good time following her and then getting so spend some of the evenings with her and her family. One night while we were at dinner, someone asked what we believe in. As my dad began to tell the story of Joseph Smith the whole room was silent, all eyes fixed on him and you could hear a pin drop. The spirit was so strong, this was all in Spanish and even Ryan who couldn't understand most of it said it was amazing. I love that my dad radiates the spirit so strong that people feel comfortable asking him about his faith. This happens to him frequently, and I hope someday I can have that quality and be that in tune to the spirit, people feel comfortable asking me about the gospel. He is such a good example to me and I'm sure the rest of my family. Dad I love you and I am so grateful that you are MY dad!
HaPpY FaThErS DaY!!!


1 comment:

Clair said...

Katie, thank you. Your kind words mean a lot. You are a great person. It's a treat to stay in touch with you, Ryan and our grandkids this way.