Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Training, Training, Training...

So I'm Running a half on the 1st of August, and my training has been going great...until this last Saturday.:( My I. T. Band flared up on my run which was supposed to be an 11 miler and ended up only being 7. I made it to a friends house who I woke up and she graciously took me home. The only other time it has flared up on me like this is when I started running again after the twins were born. I don't know if it's just too much for my body with all the change from low activity during pregnancy to all of the sudden, everyday running. Anyways it's really frustrating cause I LOVE to run. It's not like it's torture to me, it's an escape, a stress reliever. So needles to say I am bummed! Plus I have this race that's paid for, so I NEED to get better! I was talking to a trainer who told me to do some cross training and tomorrow is going to give me some "serious stretches" to help me get back into the game! I'm going to try a short run tomorrow and see if the 3 day rest of stretching and icing has helped some, we'll see. Oh well and AHHH all at the same time!:)

2 comments:

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

katie that is your body telling you to stop. pick up another sport sister. you don't want to be old and decrepit do you? I really don't want to push you around in a wheelchair when we are traveling the world in our old age.. i dropped the iphone in the pool.. e mail me your number love you

Unknown said...

That sucks...big time!! Good luck with the cross training and stretches! Hope they work!