Friday, July 17, 2009

Caden is 6!!!

This first picture is of me a little over 6 years ago! (I would have been more on the ball and gotten this post out on his birthday, but we've had a crazy week and VISITORS! So I'm slacking in the blogging world, but I thought I'd get a quick post in tonight! )Now I'll start off by saying I'm only posting this first picture cause those who don't see me pregnant do not believe that I really do indeed get rather large! It's NOT flattering and I'm not one of those women who just love pregnancy...who would when you end up looking like this!(and also they way I felt too) I had Gestational Diabetes and I did get better with the next 2 pregnancies but any who, see I really was a whale and a half. This picture is also taken after 3 hours of pushing, I'm in shock,sick and awaiting the c-section, nice!
I don't think there is anything better in the world than becoming a mom! I was so in love! And for those who have yet to have multiple children it's the same EVERY time! I just love it!

I cannot believe that my little boy went from the above picture to the below picture in just 6 short years. I can still remember holding my little Caden having a hard time picturing him crawling, walking, talking, and now he is about to enter the 1st grade! Time just flies by! I miss my little boy, but I am loving watching him grow into this little person and I can't wait to see what kind of man he is going to become! I love Caden and I feel so blessed to have him in my life! Happy Birthday Caden! We love you!


We had Caden's party Yesterday, and I think it was a success! In large part thanks to Sadie who had the kids playing all sorts of games and fun things. Thanks Sadie!
The slip in slide! A big hit!
The kids played a ton of Tag, Red Light Green Light, and who know what else! I'm sure they went home and just crashed!
Caden's cake. We baked it in the ice cream cones and then had real cones to go along with it! The kids thought it was soo cool!
Presents! This was Caden's first "real" party and he was so excited to get presents! He even told one little boy who couldn't come that it was ok, his mom could just drop off his present the day before! What a little ham!
We had a great time! My house definitely showed the effect, but it was well worth it!

















2 comments:

The Ellis Fam said...

that's too cute. I'm glad he had such a great birthday. he reall even looks a bit older from the last time we saw him just a few months ago. wish him happy belated birthday from us and tell him that his present will soon be in the mail. love you caden.

Sandy said...

It does go fast! Love the ice cream cone cake ~ very cute. It looks like everyone had a blast!