Monday, August 30, 2010

Energy, or lack thereof.

So I have been a real slacker lately. I just feel pooped at the end of the day, and I just want to relax. Not have to think. And I have been reading the BEST book, Mockingjay. I won't spoil it, but it was oh so good!
That might be another reason this has been a rough month for blogging.
I feel like we have been SUPER busy, but really just with the day to day stuff.
Cleaning, getting my kids to do chores(quite the task...) swim lessons, naps, and Lifetime.
That place seems to consume a lot of our time. Working and not working.
Oh and running. That is on the definite front burner for me.
16 miles on Saturday. In 95 degree weather. It was a bad idea.
We ran out of water, and then my leg cramped up some.
Looks like I have tendinitis. Crap.
So it's a major rest week for me, but I've been reassured that all of this training I'm doing isn't going to be for not. I can still run the marathon, I just need 7-10 days of "other" activity so that it can heal. Lesson learned. Do not run when it is 95 and HUMID.
In other news...Brooke is talking! WAHOO!!!
I mean come on she's 19 months and she finally speaks. I was getting worried.
She can say: mom, dad, shoes ( she's such a girl) eyes and nose. and her favorite one for some reason, owie... I guess everything hurts when your 19 months old!
Not a whole lot, but hey, it's progress!
I also weaned her from her bottle. This is about time too, but she's my baby, it's kind of rough letting go of the things that keep her my baby. I'm sure there will be tears when we take down the crib.
Ryan did a TRI Saturday. I am so proud of him! The one thing with him getting into races is we compete for our Saturdays ( hence the late middle of the HOT day run...). He did an Olympic distance which is 1 mile swim, 26 mile bike, and a 10K. He finished in just over 3 hours! He's already talking on how he can improve for next year!
We are getting ready for school! And mom can't wait. I can't wait to be on a schedule again! To get a break from the three cutest kids on the planet. LOVE them, but boy I'm ready for that break! WE also are taking a little trip back to our old stomping grounds in Indiana for a wedding. I can't wait! She's like a little sis to me, and I'm so excited for her!
Hopefully I can be a little better at this thing as the summer winds down and I'm not feeling like we're running all over the place!
Oh and I get to go home in a few weeks!!! Just me and Brookie! Maybe I already mentioned that, but I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Get ready my AK friends! We need to party it up!:)

1 comment:

Toph and Brittany said...

I just started Mockingjay! I have been waiting for it to come out so I am so excited to get into it and see what happens. I want to know, does she end up Peeta or Gale?? :)