Friday, September 10, 2010

Family

They are on my mind today.
My family.
I am such a lucky girl to come from such a great family.
We are crazy, but we love each other just the same.
Today my dear cousin Jared passed away this morning after a long fight with brain cancer.
Although we are so relieved that he isn't suffering anymore, it doesn't make it any easier.
I think of his sweet wife and adorable children and the adjustments they will have to make without their husband and father around.
I have some great memories as a kid with Jared. Mainly playing Cowboys and Indians in the woods of Alaska. Also being jumped sky high on the tramp.
He sure knew how to entertain us younger rug-rats!
I know that he is now in a better place, he can look down on his family and protect them. And one day they will all be together again. As a family. An eternal family.
I feel so lucky to be a part of this eternal family!

No comments: