Sunday, March 6, 2011

All Good Things Must Come to an End.

DAY FIVE:
Thursday was our last day to enjoy the sun, sand, and surf.

I woke up early and went for a great run, then parked my little self by the ocean one last time.
Such a beautiful view at 9:30 in the morning!
We headed for the airport that afternoon, and after both our flights were delayed we finally made it back to the land of the snow early Friday morning.
So depressing, but can I say that I sure missed my kids. It was a wonderful break, and much needed/deserved.
I know I said this the last trip we took, (which was 5 years ago) that we need to do this every year. But I highly recommend these kid free trips.
Especially for couples of young kids. Even if you can't get away every year at least every couple.
It was such a great time to reconnect with each other on deeper levels.
I feel like it also made me appreciate those four little munchkins that I am trying to steer in the right direction. So to the next trip, which this time WILL be sooner than five years...seeing our 10 year anniversary is next year. but I hope that we make these trips more frequent than every five!
And this is what I got to come home to:
This is a new face. Her cheese face. She is such a ham!
Nothing made coming back to the cold better than getting big hugs and kisses from these little rug-rats:
So now it's back to life. And the Doctor.
Our last night in Mexico I started getting really light headed and dizzy.
It has progressively gotten worse, and so if anything in these posts doesn't make sense, I am blaming it on that.
Yesterday and today have been particularly bad.
Ryan has pointed out that I need to take it easy seeing as I tried to go for a run yesterday,
which landed me on the couch for the rest of the day.
I just feel like such a lump of coal laying on the couch all day!
So now that I am done with updating my blog, it's back to the couch for me. And hopefully tommorrow I can figure out what is wrong with me, cause this sucks.:(

2 comments:

Taffy and Tony said...

Looks like you had such an amazing vacation! I agree that going on a couple vacation is so good for you and your marriage. I may be getting a hold of you sometime with some questions about doing this type of Mexico trip. We've just done cruises, but this looks like a lot of fun!

The Ellis Fam said...

Looks like you had fun. We're way jealous. You guys do deserve it. I hope you start feeling better and especially that it's nothing serious. We'll pray for you. Earlier this year I started feeling really light headed too and almost passed out a few times. Got really scary when I almost did while holding Scott. Take it easy and don't over do it. Keep us posted. Love you all.