Monday, July 25, 2011

6 Years Ago...

My life was about to change forever.
Little did I know the impact that two little lives could make in mine.
At 10:59 and 11:01 I became a mother of twins.
I had entered an elite club of amazing women, who get the opportunity to have 2 babies at once. Two special spirits who have an incredible bond toward one another.
And these two are no exception.
Don't get me wrong. It was rough going that first year. A lot of it just blurs together.
But what a wonderful year at the same time. I wouldn't trade having these two together for anything in the world.
I can't believe how time flies! How can they be six already?!
It feels like just months ago I was up all night, bouncing a colicky Brandon, trying to change diapers and feed bottles all at the same time!

And it seems like just yesterday I had entered the phase of mischievous toddlers times two:
Oh what adorable little kids they were! They knew how to put the charm on whenever they knew what I would find around the corner would put them in time out.
Brandon, my little cuddler. Was since day one. (thanks to auntie Melanie I believe...)
Kylee my sassy little independent girl.

And now here we are 3 years later and I have a little boy and a little girl on my hands:
Still a momma's boy, and still my sassy independent girl. Oh how I love them.
They still share a special bond. One that the other two children can't touch. Sometimes they forget that bond, and go at it like any other sibling, but when it comes down to it, they always have each others backs.
They have taught me so much in their 6 short years of life. LOVE. PATIENCE. and more LOVE.
I feel so lucky that these two were sent to me, and sent together!

WE are having their party tomorrow, but they wanted to open their presents from mom and dad on their birthday. I'm pretty sure we didn't' disappoint!

Kylee has been wanting the American Girl doll Ruthie for 2 years, and tonight her dream came true:
Brandon getting roller blades! He promised not to knock any teeth out:

Here is to the next 6 years with these fun loving twins of mine!
Love you Kylee and Brandon. Happy Birthday Twinsies!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Loni said...

They are still just so cute together! Six years flew by!