Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dare to TRI

Ryan competed in an Olympic distance TRI this past Saturday.
So me and the kids packed up, and headed out to watch him and cheer him on.
I think these three thought this was the best part of the whole morning:

She was on cloud nine!

We had quite a few hiccups that kept us from getting there during his first transition, so we looked for a spot to camp out, and cheer on all the participants. The older three spotted the playground, and took off. Waiting around didn't sound like fun to them.
This is Ryan coming off his bike and on to the 10K:

Brooke had so much fun cheering people on! A nice old man gave her the cow bell and she had a ball ringing it:


The boy on the right was only 14 years old! It amazes me and almost chokes me up when I see these young kids doing these tough competitions. The man on the left, I just had to get his picture. he is a world champion in Triathlons. Chris McCormack, he is the current Ironman Champion, and has won multiple times. Just an amazing athlete. He came to help promote a new race that has been raced in the UK called the Tri star. It's a 1k swim, 100k bike, and 10k run.
And this is my handsome husband coming in to the finish!

I am so proud of him! He competed in this TRI last summer and he improved his time by 22 minutes! It's amazing how much he has improved.


The kids decided to come around and take a picture with their dad when all was said and done.
Oh and so they could mooch food off of him!:)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: