Sunday, October 30, 2011

Monster Dash!

This past Saturday was my last race of the season... :( Sad but true. And in all reality my body needs a break! As much fun as this race was, back to back races was HARD! 
I didn't go into this race with any sort of a plan. Mostly just to have fun, and well, the jacket. Some race for the t-shirt( I fall into this category most of the time...)
but I wanted the jacket they gave out at this race! 
Not knowing how I was going to feel after Mankato, I opted for the 10 mile race instead of the half. Boy I am sure glad I did!
A few miles in I recognized a girl I run with, Lisa. We ran several miles together, and then here came Linda. Another runner from the Chanhassen Lifetime Run Club! 
She didn't stick around to long and took off ahead. 
So then that's when the goal came into play for me. Keep her in my sights. And that I did! 
And because of that, I was so glad I didn't have 3 more miles to run, as I came up on the finish line!
I surprised myself by finishing about 2 minutes faster than I thought I would run it in! Lisa came in not far behind me! It was so fun to get to hang out with these girls at the end of a long hard run!
Lisa, Linda, Katie.
Monster Dash finishers!
And here are the official results!
And after all that hard work, and a podium finish in a large race, I was informed that they only medal the first two in the age group categories. Lame. Oh well! I still placed third, and had a blast!

No comments: