Saturday, December 31, 2011

The End of Another Year.

 December 31st. The last day of the year. A day for celebrating the past year, and welcoming in the new. For me it's also a celebration of my fathers birthday! I was always bummed for him to have a birthday on this day. His party always is thrown in with the new year party. I thought in some ways, just being overlooked. But really what a cool day to be born. A day where you not only celebrate your birth, but reflect on all that you have done that year, and things you would like to improve on.
Not that my dad needs much improvement. I think he's pretty awesome. 
I really have the best dad in the world! He's such a good example to me. 
Happy Birthday Dad!

In other news, out break has been filled with getting ready to move, put our house on the market, and send Ryan off tomorrow. A word of advice. Never move around the holidays. UGH. I feel bad for the kids, cause their break hasn't been much of one. I'm glad we were able to squeeze the water park in, cause they've pretty much been neglected the rest of this break. Now I thought I was a pretty clean person, and fairly clutter free. Apparently not enough! We had a stagger come Wednesday and helped us stage our home to sell. We moved A LOT of furniture, and I had to put A LOT of things away in storage. My house feels very empty, but for the moment it is spotless! 
Both me and Ryan and dog tired. And he leaves, and I have to keep this house like this for showings. Yay me. Oh we are so going to miss Ryan. Boo.

We went out for a last family dinner tonight. Buffalo Wild Wings on New Years Eve, another bad idea. The restaurant wasn't that crazy, but the takeout orders were, and thus we waited over an hour for our food. Normally you get your food 10 minutes after ordering... They were great though and accommodated us nicely for our patience.

We have had the best missionaries in our ward the past few months! They came by to wish Ryan well, so we took a photo opportunity:
 I am so thankful for their example to my children. They look up to them so much, and I'm so glad to have two amazing young men as my children's role models.

And what better way to close out the year than snow!!!
We have had a few little spits of snow, but nothing that lasted, or accumulated. December 31st and we finally get the winter wonderland!
This has been a great year for the Ellis house. We have had wonderful memories to laugh, cry, and enjoy for years to come. Now as we embark on a new year, we also embark on a new adventure.
Ryan and I have been in the Midwest since we were married. It's going to be so weird to be back out west after 9&1/2 years away. But a good weird.
If anyone ever has the opportunity to live in the Midwest, take it. It's a wonderful place!
Amazing people, amazing beauty in it's own way, and a great place to raise a family.
We are going to miss it dearly. It wasn't an easy choice to pick up and move.
But I know we are making the right one.
Good things are to come for the Ellis' in 2012.
Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: