Sunday, July 29, 2012

Old Faithful.

 We packed up camp, and headed to Old Faithful. Who knew that was going to end up being an all day thing?! But totally worth it. Other than the falls I think this was my favorite part of Yellowstone.
Once again, check out the Bison. Totally not caring that there were hundreds of people around, and I geyser not 20 feet away from him.

It's amazing to see this thing come to life. It would sputter water for a good 5 minutes before it went off. Teasing you thinking it was just about to go off!
 The kids thought it was so cool. Everyone in a five foot radius of us was making bets to see if the Bison would move when it went off, or acted like nothing was happening. As the picture shows, it just sat there.


We then hiked the loop around to all the other geysers and hot ponds. It amazes me that in the middle of the mountains and forest, you can have all this activity.

Most of the crew got tired and missed out on this pond. Brandon, Clair and I took the short hike to check it out. The pictures don't even do it justice.

After a late lunch, and watching Old Faithful again, we headed home.
As you can tell the kids were sad for this trip to end.

I was ready for a shower.
But I will say it was so much fun. And from Old Faithful to our front door was 2 hours.
So we will definitely be spending more time in this beautiful national park!

No comments: