Sunday, August 26, 2012

Last Hoorah!

 This weekend we took a last little trip down to Utah before school started.
We headed down Friday to Logan, to run the Top of Utah Half Marathon.
Ryan and I were supposed to run together, but poor guy was suffering from IT band issues, so he decided not to chance it. I was bummed cause I think we would have been able to run it together, it would have been so much fun!
So this race was a warm up for October, I was supper excited to race. I have only done Ragnar this year, other than a 5K, so I was excited to see how a longer race would go for me. 
I was a bit nervous, since I've been training by myself all summer. I didn't know if I could run like I did last fall without the group, and the coach right by my side.
The course was a net down hill, so I knew I could at least (or hopefully) match last years race.
It seriously was the funnest I've ever had in a race!
The first half was a gradual down hill, through a canyon, and so beautiful! I just took in every moment of it.
Here are the stats, for those of my runner friends:

Time: 1:37:12
Pace: 7:24
Age Group Finish: 7/333
Female overall: 25/1427
Overall Race:104/2083

Seriously the best race ever! The Monster Dash that I did ranks up there with this, but since this had much better weather, it's passing it up in the favorite category. A PR for me by a little over three minutes ( thanks to the downhill), and I couldn't be more happy! It definitely boosted my confidence for Chicago. I'll be honest, I've been getting nervous for it, letting the mental part of running get to me. But after this I am back!
Some of my cute friends from Ragnar also ran, so we bussed it up to the start line together, and celebrated afterwards:
 All three of us PR'd. Yeah for us!

I then quickly showered and we headed down to Salt Lake to celebrate Ryan's grandmother's birthday. Lucy is by far one of the best ladies on this planet. She is simply amazing. And at the ripe young age of 97 couldn't look better!

Brookie sitting on Uncle James lap. She just loves him!

 Ryan and Lucy.

She is the sweetest person I know. So glad I got to live with her for a week or so before I was married.

The twins wanted in on the picture action with Grandma Lucy.
( Even though their expressions don't really show it...)

After lunch we went and walked around Temple Square.
I really can never get bored of going here.
Now school starts tomorrow, and boy are my kiddos beyond excited!
And so am I. I sure love spending time with my kids, but I am so ready for a routine, and a schedule back in my life!