Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring!

So it has been awhile since I've posted and that's in large part due to the GREAT weather we've been having and so we have been busy! Parks, bikes, sidewalk chalk, you name it anything that has to do with outside, that's what we've been up to! I must say it's been heaven and long overdue! Caden had some great questions for me yesterday, of weather, and keeping the Sabbath day holy...really funny and cute!
Caden: How many degrees is it?
Me: 70
Caden: AWHH is that swim weather?!!
Me: Not quite, about 10 more than we can go to the lakes
Caden:You mean it has to be 90 for us to go swimming?
Me: (Nice math) not that hot but that is swim weather too
Caden: How do you know it's not 90 I think it is lets go swimming now! can we fill my pool?

So as you can tell since it's hit 50 he's been asking me everyday if it's warm enough to swim. I think that we'll be living in the water this summer!

Caden has also been having a hard time with the no playing with the neighbors on Sunday. Yesterday was so beautiful so everybody was outside, and I mean every neighbor! All is little friends were riding bikes and playing baseball in the fields so he was throwing a minor fit cause he wanted to go play. Ryan sat down and had the Sabbath day do's and don'ts talk with him. I heard parts of it but not all. So after naps I asked him if he wanted to go outside and eat popcorn on the tramp with me and he was excited! so we headed out and had our snack, and out of the blue he says: Mom my friends don't follow the rules cause they are not members of the church.
I had a hard time not laughing cause he had the most serious funniest face I've ever seen. then he says: I wish that they were members of the church so that they couldn't play either and I wouldn't have to watch them have fun while I just sit here!
here I was thinking we were having fun eating popcorn and talking, but I guess hanging out with mom isn't as fun as riding bikes with the neighbor kids! Not quite five and I'm already not cool enough!
Well off to preschool, gym, chiropractor, clean house and my favorite part of the day, play in the yard! We are planting and redoing some things in our yard so that will be my project for the next week or so! I'll post pictures soon of all our good times OUTSIDE!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, so funny! Caden sounds like such a fun little guy! Too bad your not cool enough for him anymore though...what a cute story! lol!! I'm glad you guys are having fun outside...the weather her is so weird..sunny and nice one day, snowing the next!? It's driving me crazy...why can't it just be spring already!? :)

kylee said...

You are alive! I was beginning to wonder :) ! Just kidding. Anyway, Caden sounds like a funny little boy! Poor kid, mom isn't cool enough and his friends are playing without him. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that your all doing well and enjoying the nice weather! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Kids say the darnest things! I never cease to be amazed at the cute things kids say. We also had the sabbath talk awhile back, it's a hard concept for kids to get. Good job though!