Saturday, August 30, 2008

Jewell Milam

One of my friends from my High School passed away yesterday. Her name was Jewell. She was probably one of the happiest people that I've ever known, and all the stake activities that I went to wouldn't have been the same without her:girls camp, stake dances and the girl who started the church prom! She was truly a blessing. I'm glad that her battle with cancer is over and she is no longer suffering, but I am struggling with the fact that she has left behind such a young beautiful family. I am so grateful for the gospel, and I can't imagine how this whole situation would be for me and many others without it, but I still feel myself asking how could this happen to someone so young and so faithful to the gospel? I feel that this also brings back some scary memories and emotions for me when Ryan battled cancer.I pray for her husband and her kids that they may be comforted. She was so strong so I'm sure that it has passed on to them some. Even though we haven't seen each other in 6 years I know that she knows how much she touched my life, as well as many others and how much she will truly be missed!



No comments: