Thursday, October 8, 2009

Discovering the Stairs

Brooke has discovered the stair recently. The first time was quite traumatic, more so for me I think than her! to get to our basement there is a door, alittle landing then about 20 stairs down to it. The kids are constantly up and down leaving the door open constantly. Well Brooke has noticed this is where they disappear to, so she ventures over there quite often. I'm constantly shutting the door and reminding the kids to do the same! Well this particular day I was on the phone of my calling, and when I got off Brook was no longer by my side. The door was open and All I saw was her legs on the landing! I ran as fast as a could but not get to her quick enough, just as I was going to grab her she tumbled and I just couldn't catch up! Following her the whole way down I thought we were headed for the hospital. But thankfully she was just fine! Cried for 2 minutes and was all smiles! ( Brandon, on the other hand,who saw it happen cried for 20...such a sweet tender boy!) Anyways we've been EXTREMELY careful! As soon as that door is open she beelines for it wanting to be down with the kids. So we've been spending ALOT of time in the basement lately and she totally loves it. Hard for me cause not all my housework and other stuff doesn't get done, but I feel like right now spending time with my kids is more important, and she loves being around her siblings! So after all that rambling...now we have discovered that she loves going up the stairs! So far she can only make it up 1 or 2. She's had a few tumbles, but nothing that even scares her! So now I need a gate at the bottom cause I now one of these days she'll just blaze up those stairs! Today I found her on one knee and one foot in her crib! She's getting awfully close to pulling her self up all the way! I miss my tiny baby, but she just keeps growing!:(
Going for the stairs mom and you can't stop me!
Look at me go!
I made it on one!

Don't mess with me!
Mom, enough of the pictures already!
(I know horrible pic of me but I was trying to be like Kylee C. but her pic with her kids is way cuter than this...oh well!)

No comments: