Thursday, October 8, 2009

ER trip for Brandon!

Last night I was graced with an ER visit! Each of our kids (minus Brooke) has now been to the ER 2 times. The sad thing is that some of them could have been easily handled in the doctors office, but these things always tend to happen after hours. That being said, thank goodness for ER's right?!
This time Brandon was the lucky one. I was at mutual and Ryan calls me twice in a row. This is our urgent code. More for him if he's in a meeting at work. If I call twice that means it's an emergency. So I go outside and he asks me how to work Skype. I tell him I'm in the middle of an activity that I'll help him when I get home! UGH not an emergency. 5 minutes later the phone rings again and it's Ryan, so I just ignore it. We were playing a loud game so unless you were next to me you couldn't hear it. After about his 5th attempt, I answer VERY annoyed: What is it?! Ryan: Can you meet me at the ER? Bran fell and gashed his head open!
Me: I'm on my way! ( Feeling VERY sorry I ignored his call) :(
So I got there and got him all registered. Ryan dropped him off and took the rest of the kids home. Brandon had already quit crying, and as soon as they put the numbing cream on he was one chipper little boy! Asking me all sorts of questions, and coloring his her heart out! When they came in to really examine it sure enough it was a doosey! About 2 inches long and straight to the skull! Poor guy! so they numbed him up some more and he received 6 staples! My sweet friend Cindy came and brought him some treats, which made his day! Such a brave little boy! He's been a tad bit on the cranky side, but who can blame him! If that had happened to me I think I'd be in bed ALL day!
I guess he and Caden were running and playing, Caden tripped into Brandon, sending Brandon into the bookshelf! Poor Caden felt pretty bad! Oh the adventures of raising boys...or kids for that matter!

Showing off his head wound! So greateful it's all in the hair, no visible scar to deal with!
Little Brandon!

2 comments:

kylee said...

OUCH!! That looks like it hurts! Poor little guy. I hope he's feeling better.

Unknown said...

Yeah, poor little guy! Glad it was nothing that a few staples couldn't fix!? Eesh!! :) And I like your phone code...very good idea! :)