Saturday, October 24, 2009

The dreaded halloween costume...

Katie, Ryan and Gang. Halloween 2001
Let's face it...this has never been mine or Ryan's forte! Just take in the evidence from above! Ward Halloween party and neither one of us is dressed up. LAME! Was I still in the major trying to impress mode?.... or simply just lack of imagination which led to this embarrassment of a picture?! Sad to say that we haven't improved much, leaving the dressing up to the children,(since we started having them) until we moved here and got invited to Melissa's AWESOME Halloween party! (Well lets just face it any party Melissa throws is rockin!) The first year was a disgrace! I think Ryan went as a punker and me as his beat up girlfriend. (double lame) Last year being pregnant we went as me, a prego nun, and Ryan as a priest. An improvement. But this year we are ready to break this horrible embarrassing costume streak of ours once and of all! Last night we went to Party City, with all 4 kids, and it took us over an hour to finally decide what we were going to be! One very long hour! After 10 minutes Kylee had a whole costume picked out and was ready to go!(I'm afraid I'm going to have a major shopper on my hands!) So I think we might break this terrible trend, after all there are prize winners at this party, we might be able to contend! Not saying we will be totally worthy this year, but I do think that we will turn some heads, and get some laughs! Stay tuned.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ugh!! I officially hate trying to figure out what to be for Halloween!? We have two big halloween parties this week, and NO clue what to be yet...I'm so tempted to just walk into a halloween store and fork over $100 for costumes just to be done with the search!? :) I can't wait to see what you guys end up being!!!