Sunday, March 14, 2010

What matters most.

This weekend was a crazy one. But a good one.
Friday, Ryan and I were able to go out to dinner. We went with some friends, and the restaurant we went to, we bumped into the bishopric. They invited us to have dinner with them.
We were put in a private room, which made it quiet and a more intimate setting. It was nice of them to include us. It was such a fun night.
But on top of it being fun and laughing a lot, it was uplifting to be around such great people.
They truly hold the light of Christ.
I've been on a few work dinners with Ryan, and even though they are fun, there is always something missing. And I think that's the spirit. They are great people, and not that they don't believe, or have faith in Christ. There is a difference.
Even though last night we laughed and our conversations didn't always include topics of the Church, there was a difference.
I liked it.
Saturday I had to work, then we watched a very depressing basketball game, which we are still in mourning in this house. Maybe even a little embarrassed...
Afterwards we took the kids swimming.
It was fun to see our kids splash around. Just enjoy some good quality family time.
Brooke hasn't been since she was like 6 months old.
She wasn't too sure about it. She didn't cry, but there wasn't once smile off that girls mouth.
She was just straight faced the whole time. It was so funny!
Even though our day was packed, and my house is showing the repercussions,
I have learned that what matters most is NOT a clean house ALL the time.
It's spending quality time with my family.
Making the most of the time we have when Ryan is with us.
Sometimes I make the things that don't matter the most, the most important at the time.
Cleaning over spending quality time on the floor playing with my kids.
Reading a good book, over studying my scriptures.
Talking on the phone instead of engaging with my children.
Worrying about what I need, and not what a friend of a neighbor might need.

I made it through my talk today.
Oh how I am not a fan of public speaking. Really.
First I thought I was nervous most of yesterday waiting for the Basketball game. But when that was clearly over I still had a pit in my stomach. And it got worse as I sat down last night to fine tune my talk.
I had a hard time falling asleep, thinking if I was leaving anything out.
Was it long enough, good enough, did it even make sense...
My talk was on the Resurrection.
Even though this topic overwhelmed me, I am so glad that I was able to speak on it.
My testimony has grown so much.
I am so grateful for my Savior. That he would lay down his life for me so that I could return to live with him and my family again someday.
I am grateful for the scriptures that reassure my testimony.
I am so grateful for the gospel. It gives me so much hope!
I know that when I leave this life it is not the end. But only the beginning!
I will see those that I care about again one day!
I will be reunited with my family, my Father in Heaven, and my Savior.
This is what matters most to me.
My family. My testimony. And my membership in the church.

Days that I get off track, all I need to do is look at these cute faces to help me remember, this is what is most important to me.

And what a joy they are!

1 comment:

The Asays said...

Beautiful. Thank you.