Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter-ER


We had a great Easter weekend!
I so enjoyed that it was also General Conference in the same weekend.
It was so relaxing and just enjoyable to spend time with friends and family,
eating ( more that I care to divulge) playing games, and listening to wonderful talks.
Saturday we spent the day at some friends house, eating, talking, listening and of course:
The Easter egg hunt!
The kids loved it and even had to hunt for their very own special egg with their name on it!

Kylee finding her egg!

Caden and his friend Carter, searching for eggs.

Brooke has become quite the outdoors woman and she was just happy to be outside!

Brandon on the move!

Some of the group!
Yesterday morning the kids awoke to find their baskets full of goodies.
Which they ate more than their fare share. And I think I'm listening to the effects of it now as Kylee whines to me that her belly hurts!
And this would be the last picture of Brandon minus road rash and the biggest fattest lip you ever did see. (for awhile anyway...)

After conference and dinner, we decided to take a family bike ride since it was so nice outside.
Brandon became quite the little biker last summer and has took off even more since he's been able to play outside.
We decided to take a bike ride to our good friends for a visit.
They live on top of a small hill. It was a killer going up. But the kids were excited that the ride home would be mostly down hill. Oh I should have seen it coming...
As we started down the hill I was in back, Brandon in the middle,
and Caden and Ryan ( with the girls) in front.
Ryan told everyone to slow down to cross the street.
Brandon started to try and slow down, but got wobbly, and then (of course in slow motion cause there was nothing I could do)
Flew over the top of his bike, face planting right into the sidewalk.
I jumped off my bike ran to him, and there was just blood everywhere.
I yelled at Ryan to go get Adriene.(our friend)
It seemed like forever for them to get back.
She took the other kids to her house, and her husband took us to the hospital.
he stayed with us the whole time.
Really I can never thank them enough for the help they gave us last night.
And this is the result of that crash:
Poor little side view.

So as far as we know now, he lost one tooth. It looks like he might loose some more.
He fractured the bone that holds your teeth in. I can't tell you how awful it was to watch them work on my poor little boy. He has more stitches than we could count. We are off to the oral surgeon to see if they can save some of his little teeth and help him not look so horrible.

This is him this morning. He asked me when he saw himself in the mirror if he was ever going to look normal again. Poor guy.
He's been so tough and so brave.
We'll keep you updated once we get back from the surgeon.

6 comments:

Rita Christiansen said...

Oh my gosh! Poor Brandon!

Lori said...

That sucks! So sad for him, hope he gets better soon and that they can save some of his teeth!

Thompson Family said...

All I can say is OUCH! and it sucks too that you saw it coming and there is nothign you could do about it. That has happened to me before. You cannot get there fast enough. OUCH!

Toph and Brittany said...

That is so sad! It looks like it hurts really bad. I hope he gets better soon.

Unknown said...

Oh Sad! Poor Brandon...that looks pretty awful! And that must have been more than traumatizing for you and Brandon both!? Hope all goes well with the surgeon...definitely keep us posted! Hope he feels better soon!

Megan and Jared said...

How sad!! I can't believe how big his lip is, poor little guy. I hope he gets better soon!!