Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Heaven.

About a week ago, well yes while we were leaving the surgery center...
My car started doing some really strange things.
For example, I was patiently waiting for the light to turn green,
as it did, I went to go and low and behold, nothing.
I pressed my gas petal and I just sat there.
Nice.
This happened a few more times and I was terrified!
We took it to a mechanic on Thursday and he finds nothing wrong with it.
he even drove it 10 miles and nothing. Of course.
So our plan was to get rid of it while we could still get some money out of it, and before something major happened to it, thus it being worth nothing.
Now no new car was in the plans, at least for another 2 years.
In fact I didn't mind my car at all.
It was great. Never a problem.
When talking to my dad though he says this is when you get rid of it.
Before the problems start, and it's still worth a trade in.
So off we went Saturday, all kids in tow.
Ryan informs me that we're not in a hurry, we don't need to get a car THAT day.
I roll my eyes.
He asks if that was my plan.
Well of course I'm scared to death of the jerky, stuck at a stop light, won't go into drive thing!
He of course had yet to experience this.
next thing I know as we turn on to the free way it starts jerking.
He turns to me and says:
I'm sold, we're getting rid oft his today!
And this is what we ended up with:
FYI Ryan thought it was corny I wanted a picture with my new car.
But hey simple pleasures!


Side view

Rear view

Brooke enjoying her new spacious seat!

I love it and couldn't be happier!
It's funny that a car can equal a piece of heaven to me...

2 comments:

kylee said...

It must be new car season! We just bought a new car about a month ago and I LOVE it! New cars (well okay it wasn't a new car, it was actually 4 years old but hey, it's new to me!) are heavenly! Congrats!

Megan and Jared said...

Scary about your old car!! But oh so nice that you have a new one :)