Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Surprise!

Our Anniversary is coming up on the 8th.
Normally I think of something to get him, and then sit there and wonder what is he going to do for me. Kinda selfish I know. I'm learning and growing, cut me a little slack.
So this year I wanted to do something great. It's our 8th Anniversary on the 8th.
So in my book that merits something grand.
Last summer he got into biking a bit, and would borrow a friends bike ever now and then.
So I decided I would get him a bike.
Our Friend Peter is a major cyclist, so I recruited him in helping me pick out a bike.
I was getting worried, cause he kept mentioning wanting to buy his brothers bike that he was selling.
So before he got anymore thoughts, I grabbed Peter and we headed to the bike shop.
I had Peter set it on the back patio and when we got home I asked Ryan to come check something out. This what the result!
A what's that face:
Very perplexed/ excited:

Still in shock:

Starting to sink in:


And not 5 minutes later he was changed and taking it out for a test ride.


This was probably one of the funnest things I've ever done!
It was so fun to see his expressions, and the fact that it truly was a surprise, he had no clue!
There is nothing better to boost your spirits than the power of giving!

4 comments:

Taffy and Tony said...

I LOVE surprises--on both the giving and receiving ends. And that looks like a great one!

The Ellis Fam said...

I'm so glad he liked it. Have him talk to mark about places on the net to find nice cheap gear. Mark is always looking for great deals. He would probably love to help him look for stuff and he'll probably end up buying stuff too. All the Ellis boys will be wearing the gay shorts in no time. I'll admit, they aren't so gay if the guy has nice legs though. Oh and you can teach Ryan how to shave his legs.

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

I love his face that first picture! LOVE!!! so fun!

Thompson Family said...

What a fun idea. Congrats on 8 years. You really pumped those kids out. We have been married 11 years and only have 3.
Hey give me your email or email me jenethompson@comcast.net cause a few girls are planning a girls trip to Vegas/St. George.. one of the last weekends in June.. if you are interested! I will send you the email I just sent out and keep you updated to see who is going and when and all that! Just a bunch of random girls who need some time off from Motherhood.