Friday, October 15, 2010

Motherhood

Motherhood is a HARD job.
It's so rewarding on so many levels, but there are times that I just want to give up.
Like this week. Or really the past several weeks.
Kylee his hitting record highs for fit throwing, literally. All the discipline in the world does nothing for them. Timeouts, mouth washing, you name it. The best is to just ignore her, but after 5 fits by noon, that gets really hard to do.
Brooke is wanting to follow in her footsteps. She is learning the art of fit throwing. She's not even 2 yet, heaven help me!
The boys are difficult on another level. Lots of energy! They are sweet. They remind me of my brother Bret when we were kids. So nice and sweet, but never would follow through on things they were asked.( sorry to out you Bret...) So they tend to not get into as much trouble as Kylee, since she is vocal about everything.
I hate to go one and on, because despite these overwhelming feelings I've been having over the past several weeks, I wouldn't change my being a mother for anything. When I go in their rooms at night, and tuck them in, I look at those peaceful sleeping faces and feel so blessed that they are in my life. That I GET to be their mother. I just hope that I am doing right by them and teaching them everything they need to know.

Last night Caden was being so sweet to everybody. It made me realize how lucky I am. It also made me really miss this little face:

He was the best little baby! And really, he is still the best little boy! He is so tenderhearted, I love it! I can't believe in 7 short years he went from my first little guy to this:
Don't you just love his freckles?! Oh and lets not leave out the juice stash!

Oh and he LOVES to read to Brooke.
I really have the best kids.

No comments: