Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Now I do love summer. I am NOT a fan of the cold. The REALLY cold.
It doesn't help that I live in a place that 50% of the winter is colder than where my parents live(AK people come on give me break!), at least so it seems. They love to tell me when we are colder than them.
Putting the weather aside, how can anybody not just love this time of the year?!
People just seem happier. In a more giving mood!
And you can't beat all the yummy food that comes with the season!
I love Thanksgiving weekend. It is such a great kickoff to a wonderful season.
We had my sister Holly, and her husband Garrett over, along with my good friend LaDawn, and some good family friends from Ryan's work.
We had a great spread of food!
To kick off the day I went to the club and did an awesome workout with about 100 other people. The class was amazing! Who knew so many people worked out on Turkey day?! I thought it would be dead, but I must say it's probably one of the busiest days I've ever seen the club.While I did that Ryan participated in the annual Turkey Bowl. In 10 degrees mind you...
I came home, got ready and started cooking away!
As you can tell from the pics, we had a good time. My battery died, so I didn't get a picture of the whole group. Boo. But the pictures I did get are great. The top left picture is a preview of our Christmas card. Holly was nice enough to take a snapshot of our family.
It was quite the ordeal. I guess you'll have to wait til the card to see our end result...:)

These little munchkins were being so stinkin' cute!
Friday I had to go to work, so I left a little early to check out some of Targets deals. Well I did not get up early enough, cause the things I wanted were all gone...But Friday was dead at the club, so I got to continue my Christmas shopping and almost finished it in one day!
I am quite proud of myself!:)
Then I came home and we dove right into decorating for Christmas.
The kids had so much fun helping.
The tree being the favorite. I don't think one ornament has stayed in one place for longer than an hour since we put it up...
The boys made snow flakes to but on the tree, and Brooke is just in love with the Little People Nativity. She has already logged a lot of hours with that in just a few days!

Kylee has had a little friend the last week from her Kindergarten class. His name is Buddy. We have been documenting his week with us, so if you were wondering about the random shots with the bear, that is why!

And here is the finished product of our afternoons work!
It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

sooo cute!!! love all the pictures and miss your sweet little family!!!

The Belchers said...

Looks so fun! I can't believe how much your cute kids have grown!!