Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Believe.

I have been so touched by the spirit lately, and I just feel the need to write it down.
I feel so lucky that I am able to teach the 14-15 year old girls at church. They have such a special spirit about them and such a strong testimony. They truly inspire me to be a better person. This year the mutual theme is one I am beginning to hold very dear to my heart.
The mutual theme this year is the 13th article of faith.

We believe in being honest true chaste benevolent and in doing good to all men.
Indeed we may say we follow the admonition of Paul.
We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things and hope to be able to endure all things.
If anything is virtuous, lovely of good report or praiseworthy we seek after these things.

Because both Ryan and I being involved with the youth, this Article of Faith is in the fore front of my thoughts. Do I live up to this Article of faith? Do I seek after these things?
I do know I can work on a lot. But the lovely thing is, I have a great group of Young Women, with such strong testimonies of the Savior, and in this tumultuous world they are constantly seeking after him. They are such a great example to me. I feel like I benefit more from my calling then they do from me. And I am supposed to be teaching them!
Being surrounded by these amazing young women, I have reflected on my testimony.
I do Believe. I daily seek after my Savior and try my very best to be like Him. I know that if we follow this article of faith, our life will be one filled with love and hope. That doesn't mean that I won't have days were I feel like my life is falling apart. But I know if I put my trust in the Lord, and endure, great things shall come to pass.
The part of this Article of Faith that I know needs improvement is Seeking after more virtuous, lovely and Praiseworthy things. T.V is a big downfall of mine. And as I have reflected on this the past few months, I have cut certain shows that I was religious at watching, out of my nightly line up. I have noticed a huge improvement in my attitude with my children, my spouse, and my relationship with my Savior. And to be honest, I don't even miss these shows that I would count down every night to watch. I hope that I am an example to my children and to the girls that I teach every week, that I Believe, and I seek after Him!

This video brought be to tears. Although lately everything does. I think I'm turning into more of a boob than I already was...








No comments: