Sunday, April 3, 2011

One Year.

One year ago today my little boy looked like this:
This is Brandon one year, to the day later:
That was quite possibly the worst day of my mothering years yet. I don't think I will ever get the image of him flying over those handle bars out of my mind. Dare I say traumatizing...
I think he healed quite nicely. Although Conference weekend does not agree with him. He has been sick all day. Fever of 103.8, and when he has medicine he doesn't break 100. Poor little fella. It takes a lot to keep this little dude down. After a miserable night, I woke up to noises in my bathroom. I asked him what he was doing and bless his little heart he was wiping down the bathroom so he could mark his chores off his list. He's been worried all day that he wasn't getting his chores done. ( I will have to make a post on our little chore incentive. It's working miracles, clearly if this sick boy is worried about them!)

Speaking of conference, I truly enjoyed it this year. I have found a way that keeps me awake, and alert, I cross stitch! I might break it out a week before or so to get me started, but it helps from the mind wandering and the head bobbing! I really enjoyed the talk on parenting. I realize I can improve in more ways than I thought! But that is what I love about conference. It's a time to reflect and reevaluate my life, and what I am accomplishing. If you haven't listened to it, you should! Go here!
Now I am going to enjoy the rest of this beautiful Sunday evening with my little family!

No comments: