Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Savior Lives

I am so grateful for this Easter Sunday.
I teach the 14-15 year old girls in Church and I have been preparing for the Easter lesson for weeks. I don't think I have ever put so much thought and prayer into a lesson.
Because of so much preparation, I feel like I have come to know and love the Savior even more than I had before. I have been trying to teach my children more about the true meaning of Easter. I read a quote from President Hinckley about Easter:

"There would be not Chirstmas if there had not been Easter. The Babe Jesus of Bethlehem would be but another baby without the redeeming Christ of Gethsemane and Calvary, and the triumphant fact of the Resurrection."

We spend weeks preparing ourselves for Christmas. Both commercially and spiritually. But without Easter it would all be for not! I am going to make Easter of more importance with my family. As I have prepared for my lesson these past few weeks, we as a family have been reading about the last few weeks of the Saviors life. I feel like there has never been a more wonderful spirit in our home, as we have had our hearts and minds turned toward the Lord and his atoning sacrifice for us.

I know that my Savior lives! I know that whatever sorrows I may have, pains I may be suffering, or trials I may be enduring, he has felt it all, and if I put my trust in him, and faith in him, he will be there for me! I am so overfilled with the spirit, and I hope that everyone else takes the time to reflect on Him, this very important Easter Sunday.

No comments: