Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mommy Moments.

I had a mommy moment. One I thought wouldn't happen to me.
Brooke has still been in a crib. Mainly cause she hasn't had the desire to get out. So it's been nice having her confined still during naps and bedtime!
I think our trip to Alaska brought on her curiosity in her climbing skills. While we were there she was in a pack and play, and had no problem getting out.
So yesterday we were all on the back porch, kids playing in the water, and I turned around and there was Brooke, standing in front of me behind the glass door. I was extremely puzzled. Did someone get her out?! counted the kids up...no they are all out here with me...
She had done it. Gotten out by herself. Now I know she's 2 and 1/2. Really this is the age they should be in a big girl bed. We've just been slightly spoiled with her.
So down to the storage room we went and pulled out the bed.
This is the moment I thought I wouldn't have. Getting emotional over taking down the crib for the last time. I always thought that was a bit silly.
Now I have to eat my words. I got choked up as I took the last piece out of the room.
Now I guess I know why it happens to moms. It makes it all the more real. My baby is not a baby, and there will be no more babies for us. A bittersweet moment.
So here is the crib coming down, meeting it's death(this thing has been through the ringer, time for the dump!):

And Brooke's big girl bed:
She struggled some going to bed, asking for her crib. Oh I hope that she transitions well. She has always been a good sleeper, I hope this doesn't break that cycle.
I must say, she was pretty darn cute laying in her big girl bed. Unfortunately she wouldn't let me get a picture of her in her bed. She'd scream and cry. Oh Brooke!

2 comments:

The Asays said...

I got choked up just reading that story! I'll be a sob-story, for sure.

Thompson Family said...

I know..I had to get Casen out of the crib cause we needed it for Crew. He was such a good sleeper too, I worried that he would not sleep good in a big boy bed. But he does. And for some reason, he thinks he has to stay in his room and Call MOMMY till I come and get him. And I am not going to tell him different. I like that he does not come out of his room and wander the house while I am still sleeping in the morning. Good luck! Kinda sad, huh?