Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to School.

We had such a fun before back to school day party at our house!
We started ( well I started my day with a 6.5 mile run in nice 55 degree weather...HEAVEN) the day going to the track. Ryan and I are running a 5/10K in a few weeks and signed the kids up for the kids run. So we needed to get some practice in of course. They had a blast running around the track.
We timed them a few times, and then they just ran and played. Brooke even ran around the track 3 times!

After a nap for a tired 2 year old, and a little shopping from me, we made our back to school crowns:
Notice Kylee is missing in action? Well that's because she was busy doing this:
She had scribbled on it and then was upset that she had ruined it. I didn't get it, since she was the one who controlled the crayon, but oh well. She finally calmed down enough to come back and finish her crown.

The finished product, and eating their pizza like the royalty they are!
They were all so worried, and reminded me multiple times to wake them up if they didn't get up on their own. I knew this wouldn't even be necessary, and boy was I right. Only about 10 minutes into my workout, (6:30 in the morning) and I heard a child on the computer. Sure enough Caden was bright eyed and bushy tailed. This being the kid saying he was not excited for school to start...

The three ready for the big day:
Caden:

Kylee:
Brandon:

Some group shots:


Brooke thought that she was going too. I had to pack her a lunch, just so we wouldn't have a major melt down.

Walking to school:


Caden: Pretty much over the pictures.

Kylee ready to go!
And I do believe I have a clown on my hands!
I did get slightly teary eyed, but dropping off three kids really distracted from getting to emotional. I just can't believe my little twins are old enough for school. Time sure does fly by.
As we were leaving Brandon's classroom, Brooke wouldn't come. She had the saddest pout on her face. I told her it was time to go, and she proceeded to tell me: "It's not fair."
Oh poor little "Z". We have been home for 2 hours now, and man is it quiet! This is going to take some getting used to. Well I am off to the park with Brooke! Even though it's sad sending my older three off, I am excited to get to spend some quality time with her!
Here's to a fabulous school year!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

ahhh!!! you have such a beautiful family!!!! such adorable kidos!!!!