Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Paint Lift...and a Problem...

 Remember when my kitchen looked like this:

 Well this weeks projects, other than a lot of sleeping to get over this nasty cold that is still plaguing me was to paint the kitchen. It was in desperate need of a paint lift. And since I was painting anyway, I was ready for a change. We have had this red color in our home since Chicago, so it was time to change. I did the majority of it on my own, but I did have a dear friend come help me! She was amazing. So detailed and much more picky than I was being. But I am so grateful cause the kitchen, I think looks amazing:
 Another angle:
 And yet another:
 So I am very pleased with the outcome! Love the color and love that I have stain free walls...well for the next few days anyways. Well OK, maybe the next few hours!

On to my problem. Well I suppose it's mostly Brooke's problem, but it lands in my lap to try and fix this problem.
The first picture is of Brooke in June. remember this picture?! (Thank goodness we are out of this phase!)
The second picture is of Brooke just the other day.
What do you notice?
 Perhaps the growth of her hair going backwards? Now her hair is clipped back in the second, but truest me, it's not holding much back. That would be due to her habit of twisting her hair in her fingers and pulling. She does this quite often, and mostly if she is watching TV, riding in the car, reading books to her. We've tried to get her to stop, and she now thinks it's funny! Well clearly it's not. She has small bald patches and it's starting to freak me out a bit!
Anyone have any advise...or is it time I take her in to the Dr. 
Help!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

She and Rachel should talk. Didn't you know she pulled out almost the whole back of her hair doing the same thing as a toddler. She somehow grew out of it.

Holly June said...

Poor Brooke! I can't believe how bald she's getting :( But I LOVE the green in your kitchen. It looks awesome!

Bald n Beautiful said...

The paint looks great! What a fun change.