Monday, September 19, 2011

A Race and a Cold.

This Saturday most of our family participated in a race!
Friday I started to feel a chest cold coming on, but sometimes I get little ones and they don't really hinder my running, and that is what I was hoping for.
Well it started off great. I felt good, legs felt good. Mile 5 my chest tightened. It didn't hurt, but I could only take half of a breath. It was AWFUL. that made me get a little queasy, and I thought great, I'm going to throw up. I just want this race to be over!
I was able to keep the same pace, but not pick it up at the end like I had wanted, but hey I finished...and finished with a bang. 
Stats:
10K- 44:22
2/36 in my age group
7th female overall
26/268 overall
Seriously best race ever! I had a PR by five minutes! I couldn't have been happier!
  Right after I crossed the finish line:
 
 Ryan ran the 5K, and was Mr. speedy.
So proud of him! He has improved a ton this summer. Running, Biking, Swimming. He's a machine!
Ryan's stats:
20:25
5/65 in his age group
13/544 over all!
 The boys decided they wanted to run in the 1/2 mile kids run. I was so proud of them!
Caden crossing and giving Ryan a high five! He ran in the 3rd and 4th grade race and finished in the top half!
 Here is little Brandon! He ran with 1st and 2nd graders and also finished in the top half!
 Brandon had to be the smallest guy out there. He was so cute!
 So proud of my boys!
 Since we didn't get our annual 10K in May, we ran this one together. This is the first time that we actually ran most of the race together. She smoked me the last 200 meters or so and left me in her dust! Thanks for pushing me the whole race Annie!
Next up in the Ellis race agenda:
TC mile for the boys. This is an amazing event put on in conjuction with the Twin Cities marathon. I did this last year with Caden, and Brandon couldn't wait to be able to do this race. That is on the 2nd.
And then the Mankato half October 22nd for me!
The temps are cooling, which have been heavenly to run in, after running in A LOT of humid heat this summer! At the same time it means the racing season is coming to an end. Bummer. Oh well There's always a next season!


P.s. ran this morning with my group, and chest is not getting better, I have felt awful all day. So time for a few days rest, so I can actually have energy for the last race coming up!)

No comments: