Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Your Gonna Miss This.

 There is a song called "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins. I heard it the other day and it brought tears to my eyes. It had me watching old family videos, going through old pictures. 
As much as it is NICE to have so much time to do whatever I want, and as crazy and hectic those first few years were with Caden, Kylee, and Brandon, I truly can say I do miss this stage. What I wouldn't give to go back and hold those sweet babes in my arms and just love on them?!
In the moment things were just so chaotic, and I did many times wish that they would just grow up over night! Now it's easy to say I wish I could go back. I"m not sleep deprived, I'm not constantly covered in spit up, and not soothing crying babies 10 hours a day! But how could I not want to go back? How could you not think that looking that this sweet face:
 Life was crazy, but life was simple. No worrying about things they pick up at school. No drying tears from mean kids. They were in my complete care. The only schedule we had was OUR schedule.
 I was their best friend, and they welcomed kisses with open arms. Now I'm lucky if Caden will kiss me on the cheek. :(
 What sweet precious children I have. Now they are in another's care 7 hours a day.

Now it's just me and this little peanut. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. How did she go from this:
 To this so fast!
 She's my little pack rat. Anything she can fit in a box, purse, pillowcase, she will do it! And I love it!
 As much as I miss my older children, it is nice to get some one on one time with Brooke. We read, play games, sing and dance to none other than the Bieber. Oh ya we have moves!
 I need to soak it all in, cause in 3 short years she will be gone too.
But your gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast

These are some good times
So take a good look around
 You may not know it now
But your gonna miss this

No comments: