Friday, January 13, 2012

Life in Transition

We are missing our Dad and Husband. Life without him is hard. To top it off keeping the house show ready, on my own, with four little ones is not ideal. But we are coping.
I don't want this to turn into a woe is me post.
So I am going to list everything I am grateful for about this new adventure we are entering into.
How lucky are we going to be to live close to family again!
Some think a snow storm may keep us from visiting family, but um we are a good 2 day drive now, so if a 2 hour drive turns into four, you think that would stop us?! Heck no!
Mountains! Oh how we have missed the mountains, and all the fun things that come with them! 
Camping, hiking, skiing, you name it.
Ryan is just loving his job. Which is GREAT!
Living just minutes from a temple! I will have no excuse not to go.
Cheaper living. I browsed the grocery store while I was out there last weekend, 
and was in heaven with the cost of food!
Cheaper housing. While the loss we are taking on our home here is depressing, we will make up for it on the other end. So every time my heart sinks, at what we are having to sell my home for here, I just need to think of that to calm me down.
So there you have it. Many things to look forward to, and keep our heads up as our family lives apart for the next little while.
And even though yesterday, and today winter decided to grace us with her presence, we had two days in a row with temps in the mid 50's, in JANUARY!
Life is wonderful.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I am so glad Ryan is loving his job! And I am SO excited to you guys to be so close! I can't even believe it!? So hang in there! It will definitely all be worth it!